Register and complete 10 volunteer hours to meet Dr. Charles Lam, Managing Director at BPEA Real Estate, who is also PREI's former MD (a subsidiary of Prudential Financial U.S.) and former Head of Real Estate Investment at China Ping An Trust.
Dr. Charles Lam joined Baring Private Equity Asia in 2011 as Managing Director, Real Estate (also as an Investment Committee member) with primary focus in Greater China real estate investments. A veteran in Real Estate investment industry, Dr. Lam was previously the Managing Director, Greater China of Pramerica Real Estate Investors (PREI, now renamed as PGIM), a subsidiary of Prudential Financial U.S. and one of the largest real estate investors in the world, where he opened its Hong Kong office in 2007. During his 4-year stay with PREI, Dr. Lam has completed over US$1 billion of real estate investments, refinancing, and disposition projects in China and in Hong Kong.
Dr. Lam was formerly the Director, Head of Real Estate Investment of China Ping An Trust based in Shenzhen, where he spearheaded the real estate investment business for the company. At Ping An, he was responsible for investing more than US$900 million in hard assets and development projects across China and built an acquisition and execution team of 15 professionals.
Dr. Lam is a dog lover, enjoyed traveling with his dog to Japan for vacations (now turned to Staycation in Hong Kong since Covid). Besides, he likes music and wine appreciation.
Date: 21 October 2022 (Friday)
Location: K11 ATELIER King's Road
✦ HOW IT WORKS ✦
1. SIGN UP - to an experience you like. Successful applicants will be contacted by Time Auction team for next steps to register and log volunteer hours.
2. VOLUNTEER - for specified hours to any charity of your choice
3. ENJOY your Meet-up with HK's Changemaker & Iconic Leader - upon verification of your volunteer hours with Time Auction team.
Time Auction is a registered charity (#91/15276) which connects people with inspiring mentors while encouraging volunteerism. By volunteering 10 hours to any charity, you're eligible to join a roundtable dinner/ lunch with an iconic leader in HK. Since 2014, they've raised 50,000+ volunteer hours featuring over 350 speakers.
K11 ATELIER, the Impact Supporter of charity Time Auction.
• Change of date or time of the course is not allowed upon successful registration.
• Weather conditions may affect class arrangement. All classes will be cancelled when Typhoon Signal No. 8 or above, or Black Rainstorm Warning Signal is issued by the Hong Kong Observatory. Please note that make-up classes nor refunds will not be provided for cancelled classes due to adverse weather conditions or unforeseen incidents.
• In case of any special circumstances that affect course commencement, K11 ATELIER and Time Auction shall have the right to cancel the class and refund, or, invite the participant(s) to switch to another class with 3 days prior notice.
• Photos for reference only.
• Cost per person is HK$100 to support the running costs of Time Auction and the mission to make volunteerism mainstream.
• The experience may be rescheduled or hosted online with consideration of the social distancing restrictions due to COVID-19. A new date and time will be communicated with the participants.
• All participants are required to complete a health declaration form before attending the event.